With a population of approximately 257,900 and a civilian labor force of over 127,500, St. Tammany offers a highly-skilled, highly-trained workforce for businesses in any industry.
Our nationally-recognized K-12 education system and our world-renowned professional and technical schools produce dedicated new workers every year. Our students’ ACT scores consistently rank above the national average.
- 44% of our residents have a high school diploma or less.
- 20% of our residents have attended at some college.
- 37% of our residents have attained college degrees.
St. Tammany has enjoyed a 16.5% increase in job growth over the past ten years. Over the same period of time, Louisiana saw a 1.7% increase in job growth. The nation saw a 5.8% increase in job growth.
Total wages in St. Tammany increased by 51% over the last ten years. The average household income is $65,716.
Top Industries by Jobs:
- Healthcare & Social Services | 41,392 jobs
- Retail | 30,472 jobs
- Education | 14,880 jobs
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services | 13,429 jobs